Monday, February 14, 2011

Acupuncture and Medicine

Had my first two acupuncture appointments last week and it was strangely relaxing and felt productive. The embryologist at our fertility clinic highly recommends acupuncture throughout the IVF process. So I called who she recommended and made an appointment. It was very very quite in the clinic and it seemed everyone moved gracefully and with purpose..strange. So I had my first treatment on my lower back while Dr Whang (yeah that's his name) proceed to tell me:

No raw food, No coffee, No soda, No Ice, No ice cream, No cold food
Keep feet warm (warm feet...warm uterus) I giggled at this..Whang was not amused.
No get sick ( I'm using Dr.Wangs voice if you haven't noticed)

So after my session I promptly drove home feeling limp and like I had just finished a stint at a rehab clinic. I slept for three hours it was bliss. Dr Whang insisted that I come back the following morning for another session and surprise surprise I lapsed into another 3 hour coma afterwards....needless to say I'm kinda digging this acupuncture thing.

All of my drugs were delivered also. Good Golly Miss Molly it was enough to fill a pharmacy! We have Lupron,Bravelle, Menopur, HCG, Endometrium, Estrogen Patches,Valium, Doxycycline,and an anti- inflammatory in a pear tree!

Did I mention we are doing IVF with ICSI and Assisted Hatching...how could this elaborate scheme not possibly work I ask myself.

Here"s a picture of my choo choo train of meds.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard that acupuncture is good for infertility. It's something I'd like to try, but my husband seems to think it's not worth it.

    Loved reading about your experience and Wow with the IVF w/ICSI and assisted hatching! I've researched about this and it's so sci-fi interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little investigation on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! https://www.acuclinicmiami.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What your declaring is entirely genuine. I know that everyone need to say the exact same factor, but I just believe that you put it in a way that all of us can comprehend. I also enjoy the photographs you set in right here. They in shape so well with what youre trying to say. Im sure youll achieve so numerous men and women with what youve got to say. Affordable miami massage

    ReplyDelete