Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 22, 2011

I had my baseline ultrasound on Monday and as usual I have cysts on both ovaries along with a thick lining. The tech asked me if I had done a pregnancy test as she was scanning at which point I almost fell off the table..."Why....What do you see?" Nothing she replies its just that cysts and a thick lining are indicative of pregancy. Huh I wanted to punch her...why would i do a pregnancy test? This is a cycle day three ultrasound..CYCLE...did she miss that word on my chart? Why would I poas if I am having my period? Jeez lady didnt they tell you that you work in a fertility clinic and people are vulnerable and we read into anything that would even remotely fit us into the prego bunch!!!!

Ok I got that outta my system. So I got a call back yesterday from the nicest nurse at the clinic and she went over the plethora of medicines that I will need to start taking...which by the way is not included in the already insane price of the IVF. So I start BCP's on Monday for about 4 weeks and then another U/S to see if the cysts are gone and we can start the meds. I'm excited to be starting the process and also a little scared at the same time. This is it...these are the big guns..nothing left to try medically after this. Btw I got to start lovely prenatal vitamins this morning(thanks V)...I've included a picture..because how boring is a blog with no photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment